Pellet Grill Buying Guide
How to Season & Burn In Your Grill
Before your first cook in your new Z Grills, you will need to season the grill to burn off any manufacturing oils on the grease tray and heat baffle. Follow the steps below to season your Z Grills Wood Pellet Grill and get the most out of it.
- Step 1 – Remove the Grill Racks, Grease Drain Pan, and Heat Baffle that sits over the firepot.
- Step 2 – Make sure there are no foreign objects in the Auger and Hopper. Plugin the grill into an electrical outlet.
- Step 3 – Turn on your Z Grills and turn the temperature dial to the smoke position.
- Step 4 – Check operation. Check to confirm that the auger is rotating and the fan is blowing air through the firepot. (Warning: Do not touch them!)
- Step 5 – Turn the Temperature Dial to the Shut Down Cycle (Please note the fan will stay on for 10 minutes in this mode).
- Step 6 – Add hardwood pellets to the hopper.
- Step 7 – Turn the Temperature Dial to HIGH.
- Step 8 – Once pellets begin to fall into the firepot, turn the Temperature Dial to Shut Down Cycle.
- Step 9 – Turn the Temperature Dial to smoke. Allow the Pellets to come to full flame.
- Step 10 – Turn the Temperature Dial to the Shut Down Cycle and let the grill cool down.
- Step 11 – Place the components (Grill Racks, Grease Drain Pan, and Heat Baffle) back in place. With the lid open, turn the Temperature Dial to smoke.
- Step 12 – After 3-5 minutes, you should see whitish-gray smoke coming out of the grill. Close the lid and turn the Temperature Dial to any cooking setting desired.
- Step 13 – Set Temperature Dial to HIGH and let the grill run for 45 minutes at this setting to burn off any oil from the manufacturing process.
- Step 14 – Open the grill lid and turn to smoke for 10 minutes to let the fire die down. Shut the grill lid and turn to the Shut Down Cycle.
Once the Shut Down Cycle finishes, the seasoning of your pellet grill is complete. Start making delicious food with your pellet grill and our best grilling recipes.